Friday, June 29, 2007

The beginning of a long(er than expected) journey

I didn't have the juice to get this online yesterday, so now I'm lying in my bed or whats-it-called in the maritime lingo. Our current location is Sandshamn, about 3 hours trip to the beginning of Stad, which will contain a bit of wind today, according to the report.

Here I'm blissfully ignorant of how COLD it was going to be once we got going. I had to add 2 outer layers atop of what I'm wearing here, and still it was pretty chilly.
After a bit of engine trouble, we got going around 9pm yesterday, and arrived in Sandshamn 1am. We then threw a snickers down our throat, and went to sleep accompanied by "The Punisher" on my mac, just like home :)



Didn't feel the sea too much yesterday. The max wave height was maybe 1 meter, and far between. We even got to try the sails yesterday, with some help from the guy who sold Trym the boat, of course.



This is the boat, unnamed as of yet. Pretty sweet, with plenty of room, at least for the two of us.



Our next goal will be crossing Stad, a weather hardened outer point of Norway. Then it's straight through Måløy and then for our home for tonight, Askvoll.
If we're going to make it, we will have to get going soon and sail until late night.

I had three videos that was supposed to go up along with this, but since youtube
isn't up and going, it will have to wait until later.

No comments: